There are a lot of blog online and more added each day. Actually if you go to Google and type in “How Many Blogs Online” the search engines will take you to Wikipedia where it stats “As of 16th February 2011 there were over 156 million public blogs in existence” Now I don’t know about you but that is a lot of blogs!
History Of Blogs
Actually it is really interesting to read the history of how blogging came about. It was not originally called blogging. The first words associated with blogging was “Weblog” back in 1997. It was not until 1999 that the word was shorted to “Blog” or “Blogs”. The blog came about because people wanted to keep an online diary, or a running conversation where others could read, and then leave a comment.
Its very rare for a blog not to have a section for someone to leave a comment, with a link back to their own blog! I could go on and on about the history of blogs but I will leave that for another blog post!
How To Rank Your Site
There are ways and means to rank your site but it does take time. There are many programs where you can provide your blog/website link and they will send it many other directories in one hit. I strongly recommend you DO NOT submit your site to these companies. Google will not appreciate you gaining too many links all in one day and will either push your site down the rankings or hide it all together. Slowly listing your site to Blog Directories is the smarter way to ensure you gather back links.
Here is a brief outline of how to rank your site:-
- Relevance. If you write content on your site that relates to your topic then google will smile down on you and help to rank your site. For example – write about “Book Summaries” if that is what your title is in your blog address. If you name your blog “How To Look After Puppy Dogs” but all of your articles are about cats then you will be confusing your readers and google.
- Keep your back links on the same topic as yours. So if you are looking at blog sites to comment on (which I will talk more about on another post) then look for the same topic as your blog/website. Eg:- Find “Healthy Hints and Tips” to comment on if your blog/website is about “Healthy Hints and Tips”
- Include images, videos, key words that relate to your topic. Google has billions and billions of sites to index so if you include an image into each post with key words added to that post then you are assisting google to let them know what your subject is in each blog/blog post.
- Keep your blogs fresh. Did you know that Google is crawling the net for fresh content? It used to be every three months that Google would check for fresh content but no days google can search your blog/website within minutes of you posting an new article. I would recommend you blog at least once a week to keep your site up to date.
- Speed. With the latest technology google has improved their search engines. Did you test this out recently? Try typing a word into “Google Search Bar” but only include a few of the letters of the word you are searching for? Google now has a program called “Google Instant” so you do not have to write out a whole word to find your answer. This means that you need to keep up with the latest trends online!
These are only 5 Tips on how to improve your Blog/Website to help with ranking. There are many more tricks and tools that I use to rank all of my five blogs online.
Are you wondering How I know what to do to rank my site? Good.
How important would it be for you to rank your site? Really important if you want sales!
Isn’t it reassuring to know that you too could learn about Blogging and important Search Engine Optimization techniques to take your blog from way down the rankings into number one google position?
Here is the Affiliate Marketing Mastery that I used and learnt from to Rank all five of my sites! I am making money from blogging…..can I ask you a question?
Are You Making Money From Blogging? Are you getting any sales from your blog? Do you want to Learn How To Blog?